Think Planet commitments
Reduce Carbon footprint by 10% by 2020 compared to our 2015 baseline by reducing our energy consumption and increase the use of renewable energy.
Reduce Water footprint by 10% by 2020 compared to our 2015 baseline, continue reducing water consumption and installing water saving devices in guestrooms.
Continue to reduce the amount of waste we produce and increase the percentage of waste which is recycled.
Think Planet is designed to help us reduce energy consumption by 25% by the end of 2016. It was launched as a company-wide project for all of our hotels during Rezidor’s Annual Business Conference in London at the end of January 2012.
Rezidor hotels also have operational procedures in place to reduce the consumption of water and the generation of waste in our business every day. Investments in environmentally friendly technologies are made to maximise savings. Employee awareness is raised through dedicated training and communication campaigns.
Think Planet is both good for our business and good for our planet!
- Think Planet energy savings initiative launched targeting 25% energy savings within five years.
- Proportion of eco-labelled hotels in the Group reaches 79% (282 hotels).
- Rezidor contributes to the launch of the Hotel Carbon Measurement Initiative together with the International Tourism Partnership (ITP) and World Travel and Tourism Council (WTTC).
- Rezidor was part of the working group creating the Hotel Water Measurement Initiative (HWMI) together with ITP.
- Green Meetings offsets 39,000 tonnes of carbon and plants 39,000 trees.